- Although When you install Sharepoint it by default configures all the settings to be used with Internet Explorer, but sometimes it may happen that when you installed sharepoint server at that time you were having IE6 or some other version and now you want to switch to some other version.
- Now when you install this new version every setting made by Sharepoint is gone and if you open your sharepoint website in the browser it always asks for the credentials
- So what you have to do is follow these simple steps to again configure Sharepoint Sites to run smoothly with you IE browser
- Now in Internet Options go to Local Intranet and make the security lever for this zone to low
- Then click on the sites tab
Now click on the advanced tab
Here in advanced settings make sure that you sharepoint site is included,and if not than just write the url of your site and press add and then close and then press OK
Now you sharepoint site should work fine in IE7 or others
If you still have some queries than do leave a comment.
There is also another article on how to configure and install sharepoint